~by Joey White, Handouts
FREE Advertising Options
• People are looking for your services, make sure your business is listed on the following FREE sites…
www.Cleveland.com (local search)
www.yp.com (yellow pages)
• Social Media – facebook.com, twitter.com, linkedin.com, pinterest.com, foursquare.com, google+, YouTube
• Blog – Also see if your local newspaper has a blog (this will establish you as an “expert” in your field)
• Infographics – information in a graphic form – can be used in place of text in a blog
• Press Releases – anything newsworthy
• QR Codes – free QR code generator http://www.mobile-barcodes.com/qr-code-generator/ Huge marketing potential – drive traffic where you want them to go…
better yet, capture it and track it!
• Local Banks – some local banks have tables for their customers to set up displays
INEXPENSIVE ways to keep your name out there
• Business Cards – first impression you make – make it the right one. Business cards are not expensive and it is money well spent. I lets potential clients know that you care enough to invest in your business and that you are in business to stay.
• Chamber of Commerce – join your local Chamber – They provide many benefits to business including networking and community involvement!
• Networking events: 10-12 luncheons per year, Coffee Contacts, Fuel, Kidz Biz
• Hot Deals – many chambers offer Hot Deals where you can post specials – this is usually FREE to members
* Sponsor a luncheon or Business After Hours
* Business Expo / Tradeshow (chamber members only) – great way to get your name out and showcase your products or services
• Email Blast – There are low cost services to help you create email blasts – Constant Contact, Get Response
• Say Thank You – postcards are less expensive than thank you cards – or email is free
• Calendars – exposure 365 days a year – if you give promotional calendars, be prepared to give them every year. Customers will call and ask for one the next year!
• Collaborate – find someone whose target audience is the same as yours and share the cost
• Join Affiliate Organizations this gets you exposure and keeps you informed
• Referrals – ask current clients for referrals
• Ads Craigslist, Google Ads, Facebook Ads
• Newsletters – email (Constant Contact)
• Magnetic Signs / Vehicle Lettering – don’t waste advertising exposure
• Websites / Mobile Websites – every business needs a website. There are inexpensive sites that you can do yourself
• Mobile Marketing – text messaging
• Name Badges – wear them where ever you go
• Promotional Products – Shirts with your company logo/ giveways
• Postcards – good exposure less expensive to print, less expensive to mail
Websites to help free up your time
www.mashable.com – Mashable is a leading source for news, information & resources for the Connected Generation.
www.Hootsuite.com – HootSuite is a website and online brand management service, which publishes to websites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, etc. You can write your posts and schedule them to post